Whether you’re on holiday or on a business trip, choosing where you’re going to stay is one of the most important aspects of your visit. In recent years, there has been a shift in people’s preferences that tend to choose guest houses over hotels, in search of a more comfortable and homely atmosphere.
Let’s face it; hotels might try to convince clients that the services and facilities they offer will make their experience unique, but the truth is that most hotels feel exactly the same and offer more or less the same experience. Tourists and businessmen alike are looking for an alternative and guest houses might just be the answer.
1. Home away from home – Probably the most obvious difference between hotels and guest houses is the overall atmosphere. Since guest houses are, as the name suggests, houses that are ready to be rented to guests, you will definitely feel more at home than in a generic hotel room. Hotels are often impersonal and sometimes even intimidating, while guest houses have character and will make you feel welcome.
2. All the space you want – Think about travelling with your family or a group of friends. Hotels can offer you suites or interconnecting rooms, but guesthouses can offer you the whole house. You don’t have to spend your nights curled up in the same bed with the kids or on one of those extensible sofas that will probably give you horrible back pains. There’s also the benefit of having outdoor space that hotels usually don’t have.
3. Budget saviour – Money makes the world go round and they will also decide what your trip is going to be like. Guest houses tend to be cheaper than hotels and they will make a difference in your budget, especially if you plan to stay a little longer. Unless you want to, you don’t have to go out to eat because you can cook your own food. So you’ll be spending less on your accommodation and more on having fun.
4. Privacy – There are usually very few people staying at a guest house and, as mentioned before, you have the option of renting the whole place. That means you won’t be bothered and you won’t bother anyone either. If you’re with your friends and want to have fun, you don’t have to worry about disturbing the guests in the other rooms, or if you want to bring an london escort along, you’ll have all the privacy and intimacy of a home.
5. Personalised service – Since guest houses are never crowded, the staff will pay more attention to your specific needs and that means the services you’ll receive will be more personalised. You can even create a bond with the people in the house that can offer you the best advice about the local area. No one knows a place better than the locals, so your host can give you very interesting information that you won’t find in any travel guide.